NWCA’s Elementary School Program develops Kindergarten through 5th grade students in a student-centered environment. Small class size cultivates a highly interactive learning experience and tailored instruction. Our program is designed to encourage personal growth while ensuring a high level of academic achievement and language fluency.
Mandarin curriculum at NWCA is developed using the highest standards. Chinese Language Arts and Mathematics are taught using text books from Beijing. These are the same text books that students in Beijing use, therefore our students reach an academic level that parallels their peers in China.
Additional subjects such as Science, Social Studies, Art, Music, Physical Education and Health are taught following the Oregon Department of Education Standards by Design and Common Core Standards. Teachers use American text books and translate lessons to Mandarin for use in the classroom. Teachers ensure that students reach required education benchmarks.
- Kindergarten to 5th Grade
- Small Class Size (Average Student-to-teacher Ratio is 7:1)
- Full Immersion (Math, Social Studies, Science, Art, Music, PE taught in Chinese)
- More Days, Longer Hours (7:30am – 4:30pm)
- Advanced English Literacy Program
- Spanish Class (3rd – 5th Grade)
- China Trip